10.30.2009

first ocean encounter

Rowan and I went out to New Jersey in September to visit family. It was a spur of the moment trip, but I'm really glad we were able to go and spend some time with my Mom and see my Aunt Diane. While we were there, we decided to take a quick trip down to the New Jersey shore so I could get my fix of Mack & Manco's pizza and other such treats that are non-existent in Utah.
Unfortunately, Rowan doesn't share my love of the ocean (yet). She didn't like the sensation of the sand moving beneath her feet when the waves came in. My brother Rob tried to take her into the water, but she wasn't having it.

She did, however, really enjoy the boardwalk. Especially the cotton candy and other treats that we got there. I love how the humidity made her normally wavy hair so curly.

She also enjoyed the sand. I, on the other hand, could've lived without her sticky hands picking up handfuls of the stuff. But, what would a trip to the beach be without it?

No comments: