harper: 9 months
The baby had her 9 month well child check up today. Already.
Stats:
Weight: 19.5 lbs (64.5%)
Length: 27.7 in (56%)
Head: 17.8 in (83%)
The doctor told me that if I wanted, I could probably put her in a forward facing seat anytime I want now. Um, no thanks. Trying not to rush this one into toddler-hood. Seriously, I just moved her from bassinet to crib a couple of months ago. I'm definitely not ready to face her forward in the car.
Oh, Harper. She is such a sweet little love. But, she is THE biggest mama's girl. How I will ever wean this child from nursing is beyond me. At nine months, Harper is:
babbling "dada" and "baba"
crawling! (we're happy about this b/c Rowan never did crawl)
eating 3 good meals a day (plus nursing. have you seen her leg rolls? yum.)
naps twice a day (for the most part)
still wakes up once a night to make sure I haven't given her away
plays with any toy in sight
picks up any grain, fiber, sliver of paper, etc that has fallen on the floor...I'm preparing for more of this.
is ticklish as can be--try it sometime, her laugh is super adorable
is starting to wave
can do a downward facing dog (yoga pose) (just kidding, but that's what it looks like when she's moving all over the place, trying to stand up)
To be honest, this past month has been a little rough with her. Her tooth coming in had a lot to do with it, but she was super fussy and clingy. I've been working on sleep training her, so hopefully that will help with MY exhaustion/patience. But I think we are definitely on the other side of a grumpy month. Hooray!
And now, for a 9 month comparison of my children:
TOTALLY different looks now, no? That picture of Rowan makes me miss her at that age. She was THE BEST!! (Harper, you are too.) And it reminds me...I definitely need to do pumpkin pictures in Halloween shirts this year...that was cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment