Slacking?
So, I've been the biggest slacker with blogging over the past few weeks. Sorry about that. Here's what's going on. I am in week 17 of this pregnancy. I still haven't "woken up one day feeling full of energy" like some have told me I should. I'm very excited for that to happen...if it is going to happen at all for me. I am starting to have a teeny tiny bump (as in, it hurts my belly to button my pants). I don't like to show it off yet though, because it looks more like me getting chunky than me being pregnant. I am very glad that babydoll-type shirts and longer tunic-type shirts (like the one above) are in style right now....it's very easy to hide my belly in them. Plus, they're not technically "maternity" shirts, so I can still feel good about the fact that I'm buying normal clothes. I also bought some Uggs in preparation for the winter months. Usually I wear boots with heels to work in the winter, but since I'm going to be big I don't want to have to worry about falling on my face in the ice & snow wearing comfort-less shoes, I decided I'd splurge on them. So even though they aren't the MOST attractive shoes ever, they are comfy. And warm. So I'm excited.
We find out on Sept. 13th what the baby's gender will be. Justin hopes it's a boy; I hope it's a girl...kind of. I'd kind of like a big brother figure in my first born. We'll let you all know when we find out. If you have any name suggestions that you don't mind sharing, please give us some inspiration! We have one boy name and one girl name, but we're not 100% set on either. BUT, don't tell us any names that you want for your own kids!! We'd hate to be name-stealers :)
Finally, if anyone has advice on what to eat in the form of small meals while pregnant, I'd greatly appreciate some input. I swear everything I eat makes me feel like crap afterwards, but I have to eat every 2 hours or so to prevent my stomach from getting too angry with me. So there's no happy medium.
Sorry for the long boring post! I'll be sure to take some pictures for next time, I promise. Even if I do look chunky.

4 comments:
Thanks for the post and link! I don't know what to suggest other than eat what you feel like, because chances are that that is what your body will do well with. I also read recently about a pregnancy bar, I'll do some research and post about it if I find it. Spicy or greasy food always made me super sick. You are almost halfway through, and before you know it you'll be holding baby Tate and will have mostly forgotten the crappy pregnancy part!
Last thought, Ginger candy was great for soothing my stomach. I'll find my favorite brand and post a bout it too!
Thanks Holly!
I am so excited to find out what you are having! I love soup when I am pregnant. Sorry I'm not much help!
jules...you are such a cutie! and you don't even look pregnant (i saw you a few weeks ago!) and you are so NOT chunky! When I was pregnant I loved to much on peanuts, chocolate milk, grapes, and mini doughnuts. nice diet eh? i was like you though, i needed something easy, quick, and non-spicy. i also had LOTS of frozen meals on hand if i needed somehting quick. i also loved nutri-grain bars and mac & cheese. hope that helps!
Post a Comment