tagged
I got tagged by Holly. Here goes....
Life-fixing classes
Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.
Photography
This is the one I'll do with Holly {have you seen her photos though? I'm sure I could learn a ton just from watching her take pics of her kiddos.} Aside from the fact that I am completely fascinated by the talent that's out there, photography is just one of those things that is fun. I would love to be able to capture the little moments of life so that it looks good. I've been talking to Justin about getting a nice camera for a while now {I'm currently using the fact that we're having a baby and I need to be able to take great pictures of her as my biggest argument for why I should get one} so hopefully I'll be able to really take a class soon....
Organization 101
I always know where everything is and everything that's going on, but I still don't feel organized, and if you saw our little basement apt. {or my desk at work} you'd notice that I don't look organized either. I would love to have the organization skills of the people that write Real Simple. And the time, $, and energy to make my home look as good as the stuff in that magazine.
Interior Design
One of my best friends has the best eye for decorating spaces (inherited from her wonderfully talented interior designer mom). In college, our apartment was always decorated the best because of this great trait of hers. And I'm tempted to have her come help me decorate the baby's nursery. I think it would be a fun class to take, plus my future house could really benefit from it.
Sewing
I am the furthest thing from a seamstress that you'll ever meet, but I so admire the talents of the crafty ladies that make gorgeous things with a sewing machine. I wish I knew how to go beyond the basic skill of re-attaching a button. Maybe {after I get a camera!} I'll invest in a sewing machine, and get someone to teach me how to use it.
Frugality 101
Ok, so I made this class up. I just have the hardest time being frugal. I can manage our money decently, but every week I end up spending more than I had planned. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with buying baby stuff right now. But a good budgeting class would really help me out. Maybe I shouldn't be able to have access to my money unless it's the day to pay the bills...
Time Management
Maybe I should re-name it "how to not be lazy." Maybe it's the pregnancy, but for some reason I just can't find enough time/motivation to do all the things that I really want to do. Like all of the things I listed above. I'm sure the baby will bring a whole new sense of the word tired, but I'm hoping that she will give me the motivation to do the whole photography thing, and maybe even the sewing thing. And a fixed schedule would really help me to achieve those goals.
I tag: Mardi, Tara, Jacquelyn, Brittney, Jaclyn, Kelly, Marissa. Ok, so that's a lot of people, but I really liked this one...it took a lot of thought. Enjoy!!

2 comments:
I need to take a time management class too! Organization would also be helpful . . .
Ok, not time tonight to post to this...but I will...BYU education week actually gave me great ideas on organizing. Notice, I said IDEAS...not that I'm putting all into action..probably just one, but one is better than none right??
Post a Comment